Waiting for Baby Yang to come home

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wow... it's been busy here. Both Karis and Lydia have been sick. Karis seems to be getting better, however Lydia seems to be getting worse. Poor thing... she's had a cold for almost two weeks now. It's hard to figure out what kind of baby Lydia is just yet. She's been very cranky lately wanting to be either fed or held when she's awake. Due to her stuffy nose, her sleep is often light and disrupted by the noise in the house.

Everyone in the family is carrying a heavy load right now. I know it's inevitable and even a good thing for Karis, but she's been acting agitated and frustrated lately. We've been in the house for the most part and that's added to the frustration Karis has been feeling. Today, I got the courage to take both of the girls to the mall by myself. I felt that Karis really needed the outing and I needed a break from simultaneously caring for a sick new born and catering to a high energy, attention craving toddler inside of the house where all the toys and activities have been played out one time too many. It took a lot of work to get us all in the car, but I imagine that it will get easier with practice. When they were both in the stroller quietly, it was heavenly, but it didn't last. More times than not, I felt anxiously short handed.

Once Mike gets home from work, we work like well-oiled machine as I prepare dinner and clean while Mike tends to the girls and gets Karis ready for bed. Once Karis is bed, we consider this our cherished moment together when we are able to catch up with each other, but lately, one of us have already fallen asleep by then.

Man, it is hard. It's harder than I expected. Please keep us in your prayers. Pray that both of the girls will recover quickly and that God will continue to strengthen Mike and I for the task at hand and that we will learn more and more what it means to depend on Him and His strength.

How do I keep a toddler entertained and care for a new born you ask? By the strength and grace that comes from God... and sometimes that saving grace comes in the form of finger paint, play dough, paintbrush, and washable markers...

I cut out shapes from a sponge and had Karis stamp them on paper. Did it get messy? Yes. Did it keep her occupied for twenty minutes so that I could cater to Lydia? Yes!


Lydia watchingt her sister painting.


Was I able to grab a few minutes to enjoy a cup of morning coffee? Yes! Those few stolen minutes here and there are so precious and revitalizing.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Sorry it has been so rough lately! You're scaring me...maybe we'll wait another year... Anyway, hopefully as soon as you are all well your daughters will get rid of the crankies and everyone will settle into the new routine.