Waiting for Baby Yang to come home

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lydia






How would I describe Lydia? It would be important for me to point out how she's transformed from a timid infant who frightened easily to the slightest noise to a determined toddler that loves to explore and push boundaries and who works very hard daily to mark her place in this home... in her world. I marvel at her growing confidence and love the fact that the world is a safe, fun place for her. Daily, I catch her doing the likes of unplugging the CD player, opening the oven door, standing on a chair or something else mischievous as soon as my back is turned. As I reach over to pick her up from the crime scene, our eyes inevitably lock and something so tender happens to my heart and I often have to hold back the impulse to tightly hug her or to laugh. Often I think, God made these guys so cute for a reason! I'm finding that the ability to allow her to confidently explore her world and still establish firm boundaries is an art of the most exquisite form. She's a little over 1 1/2 years old and its so fun to watch her growing and developing and adding to the string of words she knows including "Mommy... love..." Some of her hobbies include snatching something out of Karis' hands and running away (and fast!), making a run for it when she hears the phrase 'diaper change,' taking her diaper off any chance she gets, saying sorry and making amends by gently stroking a place that she hit or scratched, snuggling with mommy, and creating the greatest havoc possible when mommy and Karis are doing school, smiling her smile, blinking those irresistible eyes, making us all say, "That little rug rat is soooo cute."

No comments: